Frequently Asked Questions
How do I purchase product from your company?
- Our products can be ordered through our extensive network of wholesale distributors by using Find Inventory on the website or through our Product Locator App.
How do I find which distributor has the Gildan product that I am looking for?
- You can locate product through our distributors via our website using Find Inventory and via our Product Locator App. Download the iOS or Android version today!
How do I become a Gildan distributor?
- We currently have a very broad network of Wholesale distributors in the US, Canadian, European and Mexican markets and we are not looking to expand on those networks at this time.
How can I obtain a sample of your product?
- We offer samples of our products in size L for Adult and Youth and M for Women.Please contact customer service at [email protected] or 877.445.3265
How do I obtain a catalog or swatch card?
- You can download or order a catalog or swatch card here, or please contact customer service at [email protected] or 877.445.3265
How do I return a product that is out of spec or has a quality issue?
- All returns must be processed according to the return policy of the distributor from which the product was purchased. Please consult with your distributor.
How do I return product that is out of spec or has a quality issue?
- If you should experience a problem or discrepancy with an order, please contact [email protected] or 877.562.1499 and have your order information ready.
- No returns will be accepted without a Return Authorization Number (RAN).
- All claims for shortages or damages MUST be made within 5 working days of receipt of goods.
- Relabeled, printed, or embroidered goods are not returnable.
- Please email or call the same contact as listed above for further details.
I have one of your products with a specific logo/design on it; how can I get another one?
- We manufacture blank products. As we are often two and three times removed from the company that applied a specific design, we recommend that you contact the store or business where you acquired the product.
Can I get Gildan to make a shirt with my label sewn in it?
- Gildan does not actively manufacture products with other brands labels inserted. We produce garments bearing our owned labels: Gildan®, ANVIL® by Gildan®, Comfort Colors®, American Apparel ®, Alstyle®, Prim+Preux ®. We also offer quite a selection of styles with TearAway garment labels which can easily be torn away, allowing easier personalization of the end products. However, in many countries, we need to have a PERMANENT label sewn in.
Are colors the same across all styles?
- We make every effort to ensure that our colors are consistent across every fabric we produce. Due to the nature of the various knit constructions and the various reflective properties of our range of fibers, there is a possibility that a shade may look slightly different when produced in a 50% cotton/50% polyester fabric blend as opposed to a 100% cotton garment. Flat knit constructions such a basic jersey knit also may present a slightly different shade of a color than raised knits like fleece. It is always recommended to obtain a sample of the garment in question to properly assess the exact color.
Do any products shrink?
- Yes, all knit products shrink. Knit fabrics inherently shrink back to the knit density they emerged from the knitting machine with. Throughout the textile and sewing processes these fabrics are subject to tension which pulls open the knit density somewhat. Upon first several washing and drying the fabric will almost always shrink back to that exact density it was originally knit to. However, all our products are Preshrunk to minimize shrinkage.
Why are Ash, Athletic Heather and other Heather colors not 100% Cotton even though they come in the 100% Cotton styles?
- Certain colors such as these require a combination of natural colored fibers and pre-dyed fibers to achieve the heathered look, usually achieved by adding black dyed polyester fiber with the cotton fiber. In most cases the percentage of black fiber is easily identified. In other instances for shades like Safety Green, we have to incorporate 50% polyester into the blend to ensure the durability and color fastness which only polyester dyes can achieve.
What does quarter-turned mean?
- In the manufacturing of circular knit tubular rolls of fabric the edges of the fabric rolls are slightly marked in the handling of the rolls. In order to ensure that this crease is not visible in the center of the garments we rotate the fabric roll ¼ of a turn before cutting the final patterns.
What is the procedure for displaying products on my website?
- The Marketing department allows end-users to obtain and use a vast selection of images, such as logos, photography and product information; they can even give you access to an online repository of images to use at your convenience. Contact us at [email protected] with your request. Please be sure to provide the following information in your email:
- Name of Company
- Contact Number
- Type of product content you are interested in using
How do I obtain a C.O.O. certificate?
- Gildan cannot provide a C.O.O. Certificate for a specific garment as we do not place a unique identifier on the garment labels, mainly due to a lack of space. The exception to that is children’s apparel as regulated under the CPSIA guidelines wherein we have placed an identifier code on each label which can be used to track the specific site of the final assembly of the garment. As Gildan manufactures almost everything we sell in our own facilities we can also provide documentation outlining the specific possible supply chains of all our styles. If you would like one of these documents, please send your request to [email protected] If an actual C.O.O. Certificate is required, please contact your local Chamber of Commerce to acquire it.
Can I have a digital version of your logo?
- Yes. Please contact the Gildan Marketing department at [email protected] to acquire our logo and brand usage guideline.
Do you provide embroidery or screen-printing services?
Does Gildan use sweatshops, child labor or forced labor in their facilities?
- No.As a vertically integrated manufacturer with more than 43,000 employees we are able to ensure that all of the Gildan facilities adhere to our strict internal code of conduct, local & international laws and the codes of WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) and the FLA (Fair Labor Association). All of Gildan’s sewing facilities are certified with the Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP) or are currently in the process of being re-certified. WRAP is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and certification of lawful, humane and ethical manufacturing throughout the world. WRAP promotes 12 principles that ensure that core labor concepts are understood and practiced on the shop room floor and by management. WRAP relies upon independent, third party monitors to certify that factories are in compliance with WRAP's set of principles. For more information you can visit https://www.genuineresponsibility.com . To view a copy of Gildan’s code of conduct, you can visit https://www.genuineresponsibility.com/en/resources/codes-and-policies/