PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
Last Modified: May 2016
YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE OWNER’S WEBSITE AT www.gildanbrands.com/jp (THE "WEBSITE") CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF AND COMPLIANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE. ALSO NOTE THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK FOR SUCH UPDATES. THE LAST REVISION DATE FOR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IS SET FORTH ABOVE.
- This Website is owned and operated by Gildan Brands Japan K.K. hereinafter (the “Site Owner”) for your personal use and information. Your use of this Website is subject to the following terms and all applicable laws.
- No Collection of Personal Information for Browsing Purposes. The Site Owner does not collect Personal Information (as defined in Section 5 below) about you unless specifically and knowingly provided by you, either by ordering promotional materials and literature by mail or through downloads or subscriptions to a specific online service. Please note that the provision of your Personal Information is voluntary, however, if you do not provide the Site Owner with your Personal Information, the Site Owner may be unable to provide you with the services, materials or products, etc. which you may have requested.
- Purpose of Collection of Personal Information. Personal Information will be collected only for the purpose of fulfilling the specific request for information or for products or services requested at the time the information is collected unless you specifically consent, at the time, to another use of your Personal Information.
- Security and Risks Related to Internet. This Website has security measures in place to help protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under the Site Owner's control. This Website uses no encryption (data scrambling) on certain portions of this Website, but uses encryption on portions where you are transmitting financial information, such as credit card information. When you are on any website that asks you for confidential information, you should check to see if the information being transmitted is encrypted in order to increase the security of your information. Although every effort is taken to ensure no one else will view, seize or obtain your Personal Information, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the Internet. Any unencrypted email communication over the Internet is not secure or confidential and is subject to possible interception, loss and alteration. You acknowledge and agree that The Site Owner, its agents, administrators, employees and affiliates may not be held liable for any damages you or anyone else may suffer or incur as a result of the transmission of confidential or sensitive information over the Internet and that all such communications will be made at your own risk.
- Cogit llection and Use of Information. Depending on the type of product or service requested, the Site Owner may require information such as your name, personal address, shipping
address, email address, telephone number or credit card number and other additional information ("Personal Information"). We collect Personal Information from you when you
voluntarily provide it to us in order to: (1) process your orders; (2) contact you to confirm your order or if there is difficulty in completing or shipping your order; (3) respond to your
requests, and where you have specifically consented or requested us to do so (4) to send you newsletters and (5) to inform you of new products, services and offers. Any Personal Information is
only obtained by the Site Owner if you supply it voluntarily and such Personal Information may be stored or transferred in servers outside your country. Except as disclosed in this Privacy
Policy, we do not share or sell your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with companies, which may be located either within or outside your country, that are
affiliated with us and with other companies to perform services, including without limitation, facilitating some aspects of our Site, sending e-mail, fulfilling purchase requests, delivering
orders, processing credit cards and payment information, serving, customizing or delivering marketing material, and auditing services (hereinafter the "Service Providers").
These companies may be supplied with or have access to your Personal Information and non Personal Information solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. We have
agreements with these companies that prevent them from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than what we require them to do with it.
In addition, we collect other information that is not Personal Information, including IP addresses, aggregate user data, site usage information and browser type to help diagnose problems with our server, manage and improve this Website, track usage and for security and monitoring purposes. This information aids us in merchandising and improving the design and layout of this Website. This non-personal information does not identify you personally.
We may use third party advertising companies to deliver ads or conduct email campaigns on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies (very small text files that are downloaded on your hard disk from certain web pages of the site) and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. If you would like additional information about online tracking and various opt-out mechanisms, please see http://donottrack.us/. Because Site Owner links to social media sites, and from time to time may include third-party advertisements, other parties may collect your personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you visit this Website or such social media sites or third-party advertisements linked from this Website.
- Access to, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information. Should a user profile be accessible, you may access it, modify any information and preferences regarding your user profile or require the deletion of your Personal Information by sending an email to the Site Owner at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monitoring. The Site Owner may, from time to time, monitor access to, use of and other activities relating to this Website for the purposes of maintenance of this Website, reviewing proper and legal use of this Website and security-related issues. The Site Owner may intervene in relation thereto but does not make any representation or warranty that it will do so. You hereby consent to any such monitoring and intervention.
- Hyperlinks to Other Sites. This Website may contain hyperlinks to other sites. The Site Owner is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and any information that you provide to such other websites shall be subject to the privacy policies of the owners of such other websites.
- Use of Personal Information by Employees of the Site Owner. Certain employees will be provided with information about you in order to provide services or information that you
have requested regarding specific products or services. The Site Owner's employees are instructed to use strict standards of care in handling your personal and confidential information.
YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE DISCLOSURE BY THE SITE OWNER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSMITTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE TO THE SITE OWNER'S EMPLOYEES, IN ORDER TO ALLOW THEM TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES THAT YOU MAY REQUEST.
- Information about Products and Services. The Site Owner or the Services Providers may occasionally send you e-mail messages about products and services where you have specifically consented to receive such information. Only the Site Owner or the Services Providers will send you said direct mailings. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, you may do so by cancelling your subscription via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email messages or by contacting the Site Owner at ￼CSRJapan@gildan.com .
- Severability. If any provision hereof is held illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any competent authority in any jurisdiction, such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not in any manner affect or render illegal, invalid or unenforceable such provision in any other jurisdiction or any other provision hereof in any jurisdiction.
- Governing Law.This Website is controlled and operated by the Site Owner from Japan and these terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan applicable thereto without reference
to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws.
- Jurisdiction. This Website is controlled and operated by the Site Owner from Japan and is intended for use in Japan. The Site Owner makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations or that the Website complies with the laws of any such other location. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- All complaints and requests for access to, or modification or destruction of personal information may be made to the Site Owner who can be reached by any of the following means:
Email : email@example.com
Mail : Gildan Brands Japan K.K.
Trinity Bldg. 7F, 3-23-3 Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo 150-0001
To the attention of the Privacy Officer